Updated Sep 21, 2021
Updated Sep 21, 2021
Iron Ox, Inc. (“Iron Ox”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to www.ironox.com (our “Site”). Iron Ox is company incorporated in Delaware with a registered office located in San Carlos, California, United States.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Information you give us
When you contact us via the contact form on our Site or by email or telephone, you may provide personal information to us such as your name, email address and phone number.
As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to operate our business, we will use your information to: (i) communicate with you including contacting you by telephone or email; (ii) identify our users and customers; (iii) administer and provide services and customer support per your request; and (iv) enforce our Site’s terms and conditions.
If you have signed up to receive our newsletter or consented to marketing, we will use your personal information to send our newsletter or to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you. If we send you such an email, it will include instructions on how to opt-out of receiving these emails in the future.
We may, from time to time, send you announcements (for example, security, privacy or administrative-related communications). You may not opt-out of these service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature.
Technical usage information
When you visit our Site, we automatically collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. This information includes your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, name, and type of operating system, mobile network information and standard web information, such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Site.
As it is in our legitimate interests to provide effective services, useful content and improve our Site, we collect this information in order to: (i) personalise our Site to ensure content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; (ii) monitor and analyse trends, usage and activity in connection with our Site and services to improve our Site; (iii) administer our Site by conducting troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and statistical analysis; (iv) keep the Site safe and secure; (v) measure and understand the effectiveness of the content we serve to you and others.
If you are applying to a job advertised on our Site, we will process the following additional data with your consent, to comply with the law and/or because it is necessary for us to determine whether to enter into an employment agreement with you:
• Personal information you provide to us. Your name; contact information; date of birth; work experience; educational qualifications; compensation; social security number and/or national ID number; ability to work in the country for which you are applying for employment; any additional information you upload as part of the application process (such as information from your resume or CV). We use this information to evaluate your application and contact you.
• Sensitive information. Where permitted by law, you may have the option of providing certain sensitive personal data with your consent, such as race or ethnic origin. We use this information for the purposes of equal opportunities monitoring.
• Information from third parties. We may receive information from third parties in connection with your application such as recruiters and organisations that provide background checks (for example, on your right to work, motor vehicle record or criminal background checks) to the extent permitted by applicable law. We use this information to evaluate your application.
YOUR RIGHTS – CALIFORNIA
If you are a resident of the State of California and you have provided your information to us, you have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom we have disclosed your information for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com. Under California law, you have the right to submit such a request to us and receive the following information:
• the categories of information we have disclosed to third parties for third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding year (if any); and
• the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
3. DATA SHARING
• Third party service providers for business purposes such as IT service providers such as cloud storage (to store your personal data and to provide disaster recovery services) and SaaS services. These service providers perform tasks on our behalf so we may need to share your personal data with them to provide our services.
• Partner businesses or organisations. When we partner with third party organisations to offer a promotion or host an event, we may share your personal data with the business or other entities with whom we have partnered.
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if legally required to do so, or based on our legitimate business interest if such use is reasonably necessary to:
• comply with a legal obligation, process or request;
• enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
• detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
• protect the rights, property or safety of us, our customers, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We may also disclose your information to third parties in our legitimate business interests if we either:
• sell, transfer, merge, consolidate or re-organise any part(s) of our business, or merge with, acquire or form a joint venture with, any other business, in which case we may disclose your data to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such change to our business; or
• sell or transfer any of our assets, in which case the information we hold about you may be sold as part of those assets and may be transferred to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such sale or transfer.
4. WHEN YOU SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Our Site may include social media features for sharing purposes (e.g. sharing an embedded YouTube video on various social media sites). Where our Site lets you share information with other people, you have control over how you share. We will not share your information or post to your social networks without your permission.
The Site is not intended for persons under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age, as may be required under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and other relevant laws that may apply.
6. ADDITIONAL POLICY INFORMATION
No Guarantee of Security in Transmission
Once we receive your personal data, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft, unauthorised use, access or modification. However, although we use commercially reasonable efforts consistent with industry standards to keep your personal data secure, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal data transmitted through our Site or over email.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.